Friday, July 18, 2008

Yet another day.

Lets walk through my day today. First, I got up really early to get shots of our pilgrims getting up. It was really funny getting a camera in somebody's face as soon as they wake up. :p some are mad and some just roll back over.. Breakfast was the usual, then we did about 4 sit down interviews outside. These were AWESOME!! We got some really good interviews. After this, I opted to stay with a group of pilgrims (and friends) from Duquesne for lunch. I had the weirdest combination yet, tuna with corn. I love tuna, but it was just weird with corn mixed in. Angelica and Dr. Dillon went to Mc D's for lunch. Neither like tuna... more for me! we took the long buss ride and train ride into Sydney where we took the boat ferry to Manley Beach! You didn't really think I'd get out of Sydney without going to the other beach here! We went right by the opera house which was absolutely amazing. I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime. Manley beach was a great little town with a cool shopping plaza, similar to a boardwalk. I got a few presents there, but this is where I had the highlight of my day! We went into an aboriginal store which sold indigenous Australian goods, all hand made and REALLY expensive. I got a really awesome Boomerang, genuine hand made, and looked at the Didgeridoo's. I REALLY WANT ONE! they are really expensive. Maybe I'll get one for my birthday. They guy behind the desk had one and knew how to play it! Of course i asked if he would play for me... So i ended up getting a fake Dige (Aussie Slang for Didgeridoo) and will save up for the real one. We go to somewhere else in Sydney to celebrate mass with Bishop Zubic tonight at 8 Sydney time. This is over around 9 and we will get back to housing by 11 or so.. possibly later. Tomorrow we wake up at 3 to be on buses by 4am. They take us to the starting point for the LONG walk to randwick for the vigil mass. I have no clue how long this walk is, however I'll tell you tomorrow. Our time here in Sydney is coming to a close quickly, and I have been really blessed to be here in this beautiful city. I leave here on Monday with a completely different view of people and especially the future of the Catholic Church. People here in Sydney are very nice and helpful. It has made my really consider how i have things in my life now, and how to change my life for the better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much you fit into one day and how far you have to go to get anywhere. Should have given you a pedometer to track your miles. Every musician needs his Dige, maybe you can use it on the next CD you record. Sounds like you will be awake for many hours today. Need to fit in a power nap somewhere. Can't wait to hear how this experience has changed your life and hope you share your new philosophy with others.
Love ya, Mom

Kelly said...

Hi Jamey,
It sounds like you are having a great time! What a joy it has been to see the beautiful picures, although I am sure it is even more beautiful in person. I hope that you will share your experiences of your trip with us. Nicholas thinks it is really cool that you got a boomerang. We look forward to seeing you, your video and pictures whe you get back. Be safe in your travels and have a great time! :)
Love, Kelly

Kelly said...

Hi Jamey,
It sounds like you are having a great time! What a joy it has been to see the beautiful picures, although I am sure it is even more beautiful in person. I hope that you will share your experiences of your trip with us. Nicholas thinks it is really cool that you got a boomerang. We look forward to seeing you, your video and pictures whe you get back. Be safe in your travels and have a great time! :)
Love, Kelly