Tuesday, July 15, 2008

one last thing

OH!! I forgot to add that the three years of Spanish I took in high school FINALLY paid off. A group of dancers/musicians from Spain were impromptu performing outside of the airport. Some of our pilgrims joined in. After they finished, I used my horrible Spanish to talk to them and obtain information about the song/dance.

and Sydney is absolutely an amazing city. Very clean, attractive, technologically advanced, and yet, so closely resembles home. I still can't get over the whole driving on the Left side of the road... Almost got smashed because i looked the wrong way crossing the road..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blog was a great idea. We all look forward to your updates. I must have checked about 10 times today. Keep writing. I'm sure your Spanish teacher would be glad that you actually retained some of your Spanish. Don't forget to trade some of the USA pins that I gave you. Let us know if the toilets really swirl in the opposite direction. We are watching on the EWTN channel live at 2AM and then it reruns two or three times at a better time of the day for us. Looks like a wonderful place.
Have fun and watch out for the cars.
Love ya!! Mom

Anonymous said...

Mom. I know you wish we made more posts to know whats going on, however whats funny is that when u are at work, we are fast asleep!!! lol Right now, it is 6:00 pm, and in PGH it is 4am remember the time and date difference. It screws with my brain!!!! whats wierd.. we leave at noon on monday, get in to PGH at 6pm on Monday and have a 26 hr flight back... doesn't add up.. studid time zones and international date line...