Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 2 in Sydney Australia

Well, I haven't had the time to blog in the last day or two. Things yesterday were really busy. Angelica and Mike had time to blog but I was trying to get a pool feed from the press. No luck yet. Still trying. We never made it to the opening mass, but nobody from Youthtowne did either. Some people never made it out of the housing until after the mass ended. We can do only what we can do, and because of our extreme delay in PGH, we lost valuable time here in Sydney. Equipment and video wise, we have gotten some great shots and are giving our pilgrims some time today to take in WYD. We will be starting sit down interviews tomorrow and have about 10 good candidates. There is a recently ordained priest who was converted a few WYD's ago. He is on a mission of vocation right now, and even tried to convert me. I quote "I looked into your heart yesterday.... Its in your heart to enter the priesthood." If you really know me, i don't think its in me to do that.... but funny never the less. :p Our living arrangements are not first class but we have a nice classroom to stay in. The floor is carpeted and we have plenty of space to spread out. The facilities are less than ideal for over 500 people. For showers, there is a very small shed outside.. Food also isn't ideal and portions are very small. McDonalds here in Australia will be getting a workout from me. Well I'm off to get B-roll of Sydney and get some interviews in the field. Miss everyone back at home and thank you for all of your support

No comments: